At Ceidra, we believe environmental sustainability is compatible with business as a means to sustainable development, which informs our work to help the private sector expand their capabilities to manage biodiversity impacts and dependencies through commercially viable strategies that are also inclusive of social values.
Our mission informs our priority goals, which is cascaded into three (3) core areas:
01. Research and Strategy Development
“Improve environmental performance with clear, coherent and viable strategy”
There is a growing commitment towards business sustainability to create positive outcomes for the natural environment and for people. At Ceidra, we help achieve this through clear and coherent biodiversity management strategies and framework to reposition businesses for better environmental performance. We also engage with relevant government institutions where required.
Our approach is simple; identify the biodiversity risks of your operations, and develop a process-oriented guideline with measurable milestones for managing them.
02. Ecological Studies and Assessment
“Identify and manage biodiversity risks for better decision-making”
Major development and large-scale projects within the extractive, agriculture and forestry, and infrastructure sectors require the management of biodiversity impacts and dependencies to reduce project footprint on the environment and people. We help design an integrated and multidisciplinary approach for such projects to allow clients understand the dynamic context in which they operate and provide an objective basis for decision-making.
Our assessments are independent and align with global standards like International Finance Corporation Performance Standards (IFC PS), Natural Capital Protocol (NCP), Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil Principle and Criteria (RSPO P&C), and the Nigerian Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), to mention a few.
03. Crosscutting Activities
All our projects and programmes have crosscutting activities and tools that we employ in the delivery of our jobs. These include:
- A needs assessment and problem analysis to fully understand client’s peculiar issues, including the causes and effects.
- Engage stakeholders to seek their active participation and address salient issues for a win-win situation.
- Facilitate training and capacity development to ensure the long-term continuity of programmes and projects.
- Conduct monitoring and impact analysis to fine-tune processes, reduce bottlenecks and improve project efficiency and save costs.
- Engage with the wider community through reporting and communication of our activities across multiple interactive platforms